Monday, July 24, 2006

A Good Weekend


It was a good weekend, eventful but not stressful, productive but not tiring. Exercised after being slack for such a long time, caught up with friends whom I haven't met up with for a while, cleaned the house after having it messy for too long, and recharged myself after being sick for more than a week. It was what I would describe as an ideal weekend, well maybe not ideal, but definitely in the upper quartile!

The weekend started with a morning badminton session with a bunch of friends in Albert Park. I just realised how a 2 month break from exercising can make one so unfit! Regular gym sessions should be put back into my daily schedule again. Man, didn't my arms and legs feel like stones after badminton! I could hardly move my right arm, and I must have walked funny on that day, too. But it was not only fun, but also a good cardio workout.

After the game, we all went for lunch at the Blue Room Cafe. Pizza was the lunch that day. Food and exercise don't go together? Says who? I exercise so I can eat! For food lovers like J and me, we can never give up eating delicious food. For me, doing some exercise is the only way to go without gaining too much weight from eating! As for the Blue Room, I'd give it a 6/10 rating considering the food quality and price. Minus another point because the wait was exceptionally long that day... so 5/10!

A wonderful gathering should never end without a nice cup of coffee! So we ended up at the KoKo Black on Lygon St. after. I have to say that I felt a bit guilty while drinking that rich creamy dark chocolate mocha. But that feeling just whooped away after the first sip. Well, there goes my badminton session... The drink was good, the quality time spent with good friends was even better!

With my cousin W having moved in with us, everything suddenly doubled. Double fridges, double microwaves, double washing machines, and even double rice cookers! So it's not hard to imagine the significantly reduced walkable space in the lounge and dining area. We must have had enough of dodging the sofa and the bed while entering the kitchen after a week. I cannot remember whether it was me or J who started moving things around… After an hour or so of work(out!), we finally got a new relaxing area. Next to the big window are a nice comfy sofa, a designer chair, plus a side coffee table! Voila! There’s the new tranquility sanctuary in the house. Overlooking the dining and kitchen area with natural sun light coming from both the ceiling-high balcony window and the oversized window behind, the place is pefect for a lazy afternoon. Whether you fancy a new novel, newspaper, or do some serious reading on the soft sofa, a cup of Earl Grey or Café Latte on hand, this is what I call “lifestyle”!

Life is finally back to normal again. After a long break in Manila and HK, away from this Melbourne winter, I am not quite used to the cold anymore. The story of the trip is not for today's discussion, but it was a good trip overall. Now, it is time to get my act together and seriously use my brain again!

The photo was taken at the Melbourne Museum during Emily's visit.

1 comment:

angrydxb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.